Monday, December 31, 2018

SharePoint 2016 Quick Edit View – This control is Currently Disabled


SharePoint 2016 Quick Edit View – This control is Currently Disabled

Hello Dear SharePoint-ers,
So I have been working on SharePoint 2016 having migrated from SharePoint 2010 and have been playing with the New REST API(s) and JQuery and PowerShell.
Today I want to discuss a unique issue I have come across and hope it will save your precious time Googling.
This issue is about “All Items“ view and quick edit not working or Disabled. Normally, you find that in List Settings/ Advance the Quick Edit View is enabled, but yet you cannot view the ALL Items view in Quick Edit.
Advanced Setting Quick Edit
To Fix this Issue.
1.       Go to your All Items View
2.       Go to Style. If it is Shaded as shown. Quick Edit will not work
3.       Make sure you change it to Default, and your quick edit should start working.
4.       Fully Functioning enabled control after the Style has been changed to Default. I hope this helps.Happy SharePointing

5.       Let me know if it works for you. Note I have found this issue only when the Style is SHADED. I have NOT Experimented with OTHER STYLES.

Thanks to Ed Keenan and Steve Grater who assisted is discovering this issue

No comments:

Post a Comment